Monday, December 1, 2014

Flex (Doesn't) Seal

Welp, that didn't last long.  The kitchen wall is leaking again.  I got up at 3 AM last night to check on the buckets, and all three were almost full.  At 6 AM, they were full again.  Good news is the rain let up during the day, and they didn't overflow while I was at work.  The bad news is it was starting to rain hard again.  I looked in the storage room, and I had a tube of window and door caulking.  I loaded it up in the caulk gun and went upstairs to patch the gaps. 

Go figure as soon as I walk outside, it starts to pour.  To do a quick and comprehensive job, I start putting the caulking on heavy, then POP.  The tube explodes.  Did I stop? Nope!  I started applying the caulking that was squirming from the opening by hand, smearing it into the gap and all over the wall.  I wonder if this will dry... ever. 

The good news is the dripping in the kitchen has significantly slowed down.  We'll see how well this holds up!

No comments:

Post a Comment