Monday, May 3, 2010

Installing the Dishwasher Part I

This dishwasher didn't come with an electrical cord. Apparently, it's pretty common for them not to, and consumers have to buy an electrical cord and install it themselves. Why?! I have no idea. It's a Whirlpool dishwasher, and the electrical kit that I got? Whirlpool as well. So, you buy a dishwasher, then you have to buy the electrical kit as well?! I got it off Amazon for $8.99. It looks like it's gone up since then!



It does come with some other hoses and instructions, though.


Connecting the electrical cord was nothing more than twisting and capping off the wires and running the cable into the electrical box. It was really easy. I'm surprised that this had to be done, though.

It turns out, this still wasn't everything! I still needed to get a vent kit, a water hose, clamps, and a waste hose!

No comments:

Post a Comment