Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Installing the Dishwasher Part II

Let's try this again, shall we? Discount Builders is my new Home Depot. Everyone there is super knowledgeable and always willing to help. I started to explain to the guy in the plumbing aisle what I needed, and he interrupted: What size? I said 3/8 inch, and he immediately grabbed everything I needed. He asked how far the dishwasher was from the water lines. I didn't think it was that far. I figured 4 feet would be more than plenty, so I got a 4 foot water supply hose.

This is everything I bought today:


Ugh, it turns out the water supply hose was ONE INCH too short!


With the electrical plugged in, and the bottom of the dishwasher still open, I decided to just make sure everything was level and plumb. It took quite a bit of fannegling, but I got it! I secured it to the wood under the counter with two screws. All set!

No comments:

Post a Comment